By Chernor Ojuku Sesay
Cocorioko Correspondent in Freetown
During a meeting of the APC National Advisory Council on Wedneday, November 9th, members of the committee agreed at a meeting at the We Yone building, Brrokfields to proffer Ten-count charges on the four APC Parliamentarians when they face the party’s Disciplinary Committee.
The National Advisory is the second highest decision making body within the party after the National Delegates Conference and is empowered to take Disciplinary against any member of the party whose activities are calculated to go against the dictates of the party.
The Committee was summoned to address issues affecting the party, among them are the issues of anti-party activities by certain members of the party including the four MPs.
A disciplinary Committee was set up to arraign the first batch of culprits. They include Lawyer Abdul Serry-Kamal, Lawyer Eddie Turay, Dr Moses Dumbuya, Lawyer Osho Williams and Mr. Mohamed L Bangura and to make recommendation for necessary action to be taken not later than December.
The letter to the alleged culprits reads;
Dear Honorable Members, you Honourable Members of Parliament for the All People Congress (APC), are alleged to have jointly and severally done any or all of the following:
1. Anti-party activities
2. Conducting yourselves in a manner which is likely to embarrass or bring the party into hatred, contempt, ridicule or disrepute.
3. Disobedience or negligence in carrying out lawful directives of the party or of the officers of the party.
4. Flouting the ruling or decision of the party.
5. Continuously being absent from Party meetings without reasonable excuse.
6. Carrying out activities inconsistent with the achievement of the Aims and Objectives of the party.
7. Failure to pay such fees and levies prescribed by the party
8. Failure to abide by the provisions of the 5th December 1995 APC Constitution as well as all lawful rules, regulations, directives and decisions of the party.
9. Failure to accept the policies, programmes and ideals of the party.
10. Failure to promote the Aims and Objectives of the party loyally and refrain from pursuing courses of action inconsistent with or inimical to the interest of the party.
Please hold yourselves in readiness to appear before the party’s Disciplinary Committee to answer to these charges.
Hon. Abdul F. Serry-Kamal
Hon. Edward M.
Hon. Dr. Moses O. Sesay
Hon. Cecil A. Osho-Williams
The APC Secretary General, Victor Bockarie Foh said they decided to take this line of action at this particular time since all other avenues have failed to let these people see reason and all work together for the progress of the party. ”But it is now clear that their fight is not based on matters of principles but a personal vendetta against the leadership of Ernest Bai Koroma. And this is unacceptable. No few individuals can go against the wishes of the thousands of the APC supporters. Now the majority of the APC supporters have mandated us to kick them out the party and if they think they have following like Charles Margai, let them go and form their own party”, Foh said.