- A total of 114 cases have been tested with 43 confirmed cases of Ebola and 16 deaths. All deaths are confirmed cases from Kailahun District; two (2) of which traveled from Kailahun to Kambia district. These patients have being isolated and contacts are being traced.
- The outreach medical team is still in the field searching for more cases
- Sensitization of the communities including the traditional healers is still on going.
- Ebola Physician Specialist from WHO Headquarters now in Kenema to support case management at the treatment Center
- A meeting with SLANGO (Sierra Leone Association of Non-governmental Organizations) which includes faith based organizations and non-health international NGO members was concluded today. The Minister was able to get commitment from these organizations to support the fight against the spread of the disease.
SIDI YAYA TUNIS, INFORMATION OFFICER, MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SANITATON