Ministry of Health and Sanitation
Ebola Update July 31, 2014
- 133 patients have survived the disease and have been discharged from the treatment centers in Kenema and Kailahun.
- The cumulative number of Laboratory confirmed cases are 518 and 181 confirmed deaths
- Seventy-three (73) patients are currently admitted at the treatment centers in Kenema and Kailahun
- Our Hero, father, friend and brother Dr. Shiekh Umarr Khan has been laid to rest today at the Kenema Lassa Fever Hospital ground, which has been renamed Shiekh Umarr Khan Lassa Fever Hospital by the Mayor and people of Kenema District in appreciation for his dedication and service to the district and country at large. May his Soul Rest in Peace.
- The Minister of Health and Sanitation, the Chief Medical Officer and senior directors of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation are off to Conakry Guinea to harmonize the response plans with other Manor River Union member countries ahead of the meeting of Presidents of Manor River Union countries tomorrow to endorse and officially launch to harmonized plan. Today’s meeting began with the technical session in the morning, followed by the ministerial meeting in the afternoon. The finalized plan will be presented at the Presidential meeting tomorrow for endorsement and official launch.
Ebola Viral Disease Situation Report – Ministry of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone
For more information please contact – District Health Management Team at District level
National level – Directorate of Disease Prevention and Control: firstname.lastname@example.org