SLPP 100 DAYS IN OFFICE.CHECK OUT THIS REPORT FROM BO TOWNMore than Half of the population in Sierra Leone cannot afford adequate food to maintain and live a healthy life.
Posted by Fodson Foday Kamara on Friday, July 13, 2018
Sierra Leone Responds to the New Direction 👇🏽
Posted by Sue Bona on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Posted by Mamu Al Conteh on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
BO CITY, THE TOWN WHERE 90% OF THE PEOPLE CAME OUT FOR KKY, BUT INSTEAD VOTED 90% BY TRIBE WANT US TO BE SYMPATHETIC TO THEIR 100 DAYS OF SUFFERINGS. BUT LIKE DR. SAMURA, I CANNOT TELL A LIE. MY HEART GOES TO THOSE WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SHIT SHOW IN OUR NATION. AS LONG AS CANNIBALISM DOES NOT RETURN, I DON’T CARE. U STILL LOTS OF 100 DAYS TO CRY ABOUT.
Posted by Mamu Al Conteh on Wednesday, July 11, 2018
IF HIS OWN MENDE PEOPLE ARE SAYING BIO IS DIVIDING THE NATION, DO I HAVE TO POINT OUT THE INDISCRETIONS OF BIO AND HIS SLPP? MY PEOPLE WAKE UP. THE HATRED BIO IS PROMOTING WILL LEAD TO IRREVERSIBLE PAIN AND SUFFERINGS. STOP BIO.
Posted by Mamu Al Conteh on Saturday, July 14, 2018
DESPITE THE BITTER CRITICISMS OF THE GOVERNMENT BY SIERRA LEONEANS ACROSS THE NATION AS SHOWN IN THE FIVE VIDEOS ABOVE, AN SLPP SUPPORTER POSTED THE ASSESSMENT BELOW ON FACEBOOK :
SIERRA LEONE. 13.07.18
*PRESIDENT BIO’S FIRST 100 DAYS IN OFFICE*
1. Stability with electricity and constant light in Freetown round the clock. Govt now paying for electricity at a much reduced cost, saving millions of dollars for Sierra Leone
2. Reduction in college fees. The Bio govt negotiated with university authorities and students are now paying less than they used to pay
3. Free education has been institutionalized. Starting September (one and half months from now). It’s all free! Even university application forms which used to cost about $65 is now free of cost
4. Leakages and excessive govt spending have been blocked, drastically reducing govt wastages
5. All govt workers including teachers are paid on time and without govt borrowing from the central bank. Even backlogs have been paid
6. Road in Kenema is under construction
7. Road from Bo to Mattru Jong has been commissioned
8. Cancellation of unnecessary tax waivers. More foreign exchange income will now be realized, leading to valuation of the Leone
9. At the same time, the Finance Act has been developed, reducing tax on the people of Sierra Leone. More money will be retained in people’s pockets
10. Govt revenue collection is now over 3 times what it used to be
11. Cleaning the entire country with govt giving full budgetary assistance to the mayor of Freetown. Garbage bins are now installed around the city
12. Lawlessness and corruption have been greatly reduced. People are now building trust in law and order in Sierra Leone. Even police officers are now afraid of taking bribes
All expenditures have been covered with funds gathered from within the country after leakages have been blocked.
A SIERRA LEONEAN SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYST POSTED THE FOLLOWING ASSESSMENT OF BIO’S 100 DAYS IN POWER :
TODAY MARKS EXACTLY 100 DAYS SINCE PRESIDENT JULIUS MAADA BIO TOOK OVER GOVERNANCE IN SIERRA LEONE.
What’s your take from his achievements and failures to meet national expectations amidst serious controversial issues surrounded his stewardship as SLPP LEADER?
Moses Ben Kanu 100 days Evaluation report card
CLEANING EXERCISE — PASS
The cleaning exercise by Bio is somewhat successful except that Sierra Leoneans are subjected to health danger due to exposure to harmful substances and bacteria because they clean without adequate protection. Also, initially, Bio’s go-it-alone attitude without letting the Freetown Municipality administration champion cleaning in Freetown was a clear display of malice unbecoming of a President and was bad governance. But Freetown and other areas are a lot more cleaner. So Bio gets a mere pass.
RULE OF LAW — FAIL
Reasons for failure
1. Fail because of elections for Speaker of the House on first day of Parliament while APC parliamentarians were protesting the unconstitutional behavior of the Clerk of the House. It was wrong to conduct the elections when a protest was ongoing on matters related to the conduct of the Clerk.
2. Fail because the ACC Commissioner was approved using a new democratic rule crafted by the illegal Deputy Speaker of the House of Parliament that minority carries the vote. A roll call of voters needed to be carried out upon the request of a parliamentarian over the decision from a voice vote. But the illegal and corrupt Deputy Speaker who is SLPP refused to apply the rule of law. He was working in the interest of the SLPP government.
PRICE STABILITY — FAIL
Prices of food stuff have gone up considerably, making it difficult for the average Sierra Leonean. Also, the government failed to deliver on the VP’s promise to bring down the price of rice.
PEACE AND STABILITY — FAIL
Bio has not been heard addressing the human rights violations caused by vigilantism. Bio has been eerily silent for the most part giving the impression he condones them.
The government’s attempt to curtail freedoms and to make arrests following recommendations from the GTT team without letting the court do so is political and it threatens peace and stability. The temperature of the nation has risen to explosive levels.
FREE EDUCATION PROGRAM — n/a
At the eleventh hour before the end of the 100 days in office, the Bio government made a release to provide for free University applications. This release is been looked at as progress and many are hailing it. The free university application is separate from the free education program which encompasses secondary education. There has not been issuance of specifics on the free education program and questions remain as to whether the government will be able to meet with officials of secondary schools throughout the country to plan for the program in time for implementation. There is only a little more than a month to go but sensitization tours have not been made and the program has not been aired to date.
CORRUPTION — FAIR
The GTT team should have been inclusive. In 2007 the GTT team comprised of both APC and SLPP members, Civil Society and others. But in 2018, the GTT team only has SLPP appointees thereby giving rise to allegations that it is witch hunting.
Furthermore, APC members now working for the SLPP are shielded from corruption. This is selective corruption allegations.