The Parliament of Sierra Leone has on Tuesday 05th April 2016, after a protracted debate ratified Nine Presidential Nominees to serve in various high offices of State.In presenting the nominees to the House for approval, Hon. Ibrahim Bundu, Majority Leader of the House said that “at this stage, I want to take this opportunity to thank members of the public who contributed to the vetting process by providing relevant information to assist the Committee. By your contributions, you enriched the hearings and I wish to thank you and to encourage you to continue doing so”.
Following the debate, the recommendations contained in the Fourth Report of the Committee on Appointments and the Public Service was unanimously adopted by the House and approved the following through a collection of voices:
1. Hon. Alimamy P. Koroma-Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China
2. Captain (Rtd) Abdul Rahman Kamara-Deputy Minister of Defence
3. Dr. Sylvia Olayinka Blyden-Minister, Ministry of Social Welfare, Gender and Children?s Affairs
4. Mr. Monfred M. Sesay-Justice of the Court of Appeal
5. Mr. Bai Mahmoud Bangura-Minister of Youth Affairs
6. Ms. Nanette Thomas-Minister of Political and Public Affairs
7. Mr. Ahmed Khanou-Minister of Sports
8. Mr. Sidi Yahya Tunis-Minister of Tourism and Cultural Affairs and
9. Mr. Mahmoud Tarawalie-Deputy Minister of Lands, Country Planning and the Environment
Members of Parliament on both sides of the aisle who contributed to the debate, commended President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma for nominating credible and experienced Sierra Leoneans to aid him in governance for the actualization of the Agenda for Prosperity. However, nominees were cautioned to collaborate with their Deputies for the benefit of the country, whilst thinking and acting Sierra Leone.